Mother, boyfriend sought in 4-year-year-old's death

Mother, boyfriend sought in 4-year-year-old's death

Authorities have arrested a mother and her boyfriend who were wanted in connection with the death of a 4-year-old girl in Sumpter Township, according to a news release from the Sumpter Township Police Department.

Diaz and Fields are facing murder, torture and child abuse charges.

Diaz and Fields are believed to be traveling in a black 2002 Chevy Cavalier with MI tag number DTR1854, police officials said.

Two days later, the Washtenaw County Medical Examiner ruled the child's death as a homicide with evidence of multiple traumatic injuries and signs of Battered Child Syndrome.

Police were called to the Rawsonville Woods Mobile Home Community about 10:45 a.m., January 1 for a report of an unresponsive 4-year-old girl.

Gabrielle had obvious severe burns about her extremities and was taken to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Fields is also charged as a habitual offender.

Egypt hot air balloon crash: casualties reported
The Valley of the Kings, which has dozens of ancient tombs, including that of King Tutankhamun, is located just outside the city. In 2009, 13 tourists were injured when their hot air balloon struck a communications mast in Luxor and crashed.

Currently, US Marshals are offering a reward of up to $5000 leading to the arrest of Candice Diaz and Brad Fields. Officers found weapons, drug paraphernalia, garbage, and dog urine and feces in their residence, according to police reports from the time.

Police records show that the incident isn't the first time they've had trouble at the home. The second page makes clear that donations will be used by Gabby's father, Kyle Barrett, to lay his daughter to rest.

On May 20, 2016, officers stormed the house after a report of a barricaded gunman after a domestic assault. Fields fled the scene, but was later picked up on domestic violence charges. She pleaded guilty to weapons charges and received probation.

"She seemed OK, playing outside with the other kids", he said.

"We didn't know anything was going on".

Related Articles